Sunday, December 4, 2011

Preparing for Winter Break

Thankfully, I am only a few days (and a few exams) away from winter break.

Whew!

This semester has been really amazing overall, I loved my classes, and I am really loving UT, but I am SO EXCITED about taking a month-long break from school. Ideally this time will be used for some rest and relaxation right?

Oh hell nah. I've got shit ta do.

Really though, during a study break today I made a Goal List for my winter break. And so I present to you...

Kathryn's (somewhat) Realistic Set of Goals 
8 December 2011 - 10 January 2012 

Fitness:

  • Begin 100 push up challenge! It's a 6 week program, but it may take longer. We will see...

  • Run 4-5 times a week with at least 2 times a week on the trail (weather permitting). I'm planning on beginning half-marathon training after finals are finished. As you may have noticed, I haven't had too much time to run these past couple weeks, so this goal is very important to me. For my half-marathon training, I'm going to roughly follow Hal Higdon's Novice Plan. The race I'm running is on April 1st, so I will have more than the prescribed 12 weeks to train. I am also planning on trying to incorporate some speed work into my schedule. More on this later though...

  • In addition to more pushups and running, I want to incorporate more core/strength workouts in my routine. Maybe more swimming as well. I feel like often times I'm not the most well-rounded athlete. 


Food/Diet:

  • During the break I want to take advantage of living with my parents by utilizing their kitchen. Honestly, I have about a thousand different recipes I want to try out. Here is a short list of some of the items I will be cooking/blogging about:
    • Eggs in a Basket
    • Some sort of Pesto
    • Grilled Cheese
    • Waffles
    • Blueberry Spinach Crumble (I've made this before. It rocks.)
    • Baked Eggs
    • Some sort of soup/stew
    • Bread!
    • Pizza
    • Stuffed Eggplant and Peppers
    • Stir-fry
    • Curry something or another
    • Many, many others

  • While I am looking forward to LOADS of cooking, I also plan on trying for some type of "detox week" over break. As of now, I am envisioning a week of raw eating. I imagine its going to be a challenge, but after a semester of cafeteria food and eating out, my body is craving lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. It should be an interesting experience.

Anyway, I believe that I have procrastinated enough for the evening. I probably won't post again until after finals, but after that it's going to be blogapalooza up in here. Oh yeah, that was my last goal. GO BLOG CRAZY. 

Don't cha just love having goals?

AdiĆ³s!



No comments:

Post a Comment