Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in Review and Finals Week

This week has been strange to say the least.

Stranger still is the fact that it is currently 2:00 AM and I am in a large room by myself not writing my research paper that was technically due today. Thank God for soft-deadlines.

While Thanksgiving offer a much needed break before finals week, in itself the holiday can be somewhat stressful. I spent Tuesday through Friday with my immediate and extended family in North Carolina.

Spending the holidays out of town can make running somewhat difficult. I managed to squeeze in one 3ish mile run on Wednesday, but the rest of the week was jam-packed with family activities and eating. Too much eating. It seems like the times I need to run the most (stressed out and over-fed) I have the least opportunities to get out on the road.

But aside from my petty complaints, my Thanksgiving was nice. I enjoyed seeing my family and being able to contribute some to our Thanksgiving meal!

A couple days before we journeyed across the mountains, I called my mom to tell her that I was going to bake some sort of dessert this Thanksgiving. No ifs, ands, or buts. After perusing a couple different recipes I finally decided upon Joy the Baker's Pumpkin Cream Pie.

It was delicious. I didn't adjust the recipe at all. Picture? Yesh.


Maybe not so pretty, but really incredible.

My apologies for a very short post (though still very sweet, see pie above), but as it is finals week I may be incognito for a while. However, I can promise that once the break begins, there will be posting galore. And more coherent posting at that.

For now, I beg adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment