Sunday, December 11, 2011

Moving Home & Jingle Bell 5k

Remember when I said I would be blogging more often?

Yeah...

So it appears that I have a lot of catching up to do. I've been busy!

I am officially moved in with my parents for the break. Fun right? Obviously I love my parents. They are wonderful, but I was not looking forward to moving back home. So far it has been okay. There are both good and not so good aspects of living at home. I'm very glad to have a kitchen, and access to lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. And a kitchen. I could list the not so good aspects, but I've got less whiney things to talk about. Like...

The Jingle Bell Run!

I was lucky enough to be able to run the Knoxville Jingle Bell 5k yesterday for free courtesy of my residence hall association at UT. The only thing better than running a free 5k for a good cause is PRing at said race. I ran the race in 24:19.4. That's a 7:50 pace! I also placed 1st in my age group (15-19). Of course, there were only 17 girls in my age group, but still that is exciting! Overall I placed 69th out of over 500 runners and walkers! It was a really great day (hence the excessive exclamation marks).

The run itself was fantastic. It was mid-30s outside and a little windy, but the sun was shining, and it didn't feel too chilly. The race took place downtown with a course that was fairly flat for Knoxville. There were a series of short hills with shallow inclines during the run, but they were not too challenging. I went out pretty fast with a 7:20 mile, and then slowed to more of an 8:00 mile for the remainder of the race.

It's reassuring to know that a couple slow weeks here and there in my training won't hinder my progress. Overall, I was extremely pleased with myself, and though I wasn't able to stay for the awards ceremony, I still earned a trophy. Boy Wonder is the sweetest. I am a lucky lady.


I will try to post more this afternoon about my endeavors in bread-baking, and my plans for half-marathon training which begins tomorrow!

Toodle-loo!

No comments:

Post a Comment