Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's a New Year!

Happy 2012 everybody!

As I mentioned in my Winter Break Goals post last month, I have been planning to complete some sort of "detox" before heading back to school.

The goals of the detox are simply to feel better and have more energy. I feel like a holiday slug.

I plan on doing this by eating mainly raw foods. Lots of vegetables, fruits, raw grains, nuts and seeds! Yummy!


Dinner last night consisted of:

Mixed greens salad with avocado, raw sunflower seeds, and dressing (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sriracha).

Overnight oats with unsweetened almond milk, chia seeds, topped with dried cranberries.

Smoothie made with unsweetened almond milk, milled flax seed, blueberries, strawberries, spinach, and banana.

I doubt every meal I eat this week will be quite as nutritious as this one was, but as long as I do incorporate more fresh fruits and veggies, I will be satisfied.

Oftentimes, it is too easy to get caught up in an all of nothing attitude. My detox is about eating the freshest foods I can this week in order to feel better, not about sticking to a strict regimen. If I have a cup of coffee or eat a cookie, it's not the end of the world or my detox.

Breakfast this morning was more overnight oats with chia and sunflower seeds, and a blueberry, pineapple, spinach, almond milk smoothie. And now, I think I will have some coffee.

I don't necessarily have a resolution for 2012. I have small goals. Run the half marathon in April. Swim, bike, and rock climb more often. Dance always. Ride my bike instead of driving. Lots of small goals to work to the big goal of living happily and healthily.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment