Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Back to School

First day of classes! Last night I was so excited I couldn't sleep. I'm kind of a total nerd.

Being back in school means a number of things. Roomie is back (YAY). I have moved out of my parents' house (DOUBLE YAY). And I have a bunch of fun and exciting classes this semester. I'm looking forward to everything but my math class. I'm convinced that mathematics is some form of dark magic.

Despite a series of unfortunate incidents this morning, I'm still hopeful about this semester and its prospects.

What sort of horribleness occurred this morning you may ask?

Well, I began my day of with a quick 3-mile run. It was raining, which I had anticipated. I usually don't mind running in the rain, as long as the path I'm on isn't flooded and its over 50 degrees outside. What I did not anticipate was coming back to my dorm, and taking a shower with no hot water.

That's right. Begin your morning with a wet run and cold shower. See how you feel.

Then the residence hall housekeeping came by when I was in my towel to check my shower (the room below mine had a leaky roof). Finally I was dressed and ready for class. First class of today went off without a hitch. The class afterwards, however, was a disaster. I had misread my schedule and consequently thought my spanish class was in a different building. Thankfully, I ended up in the right place, but I was 15 minutes late. I hate being late.

But enough bitching complaining. This semester is going to be awesome. Look forward to lots of neat microwave cooking tips and recipes soon. And a few Half Marathon training updates as well. So far so good with my training plan. I promise to post more often this semester!

Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment