Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cocoa Pumpkin Overnight Oats

So after my first attempt at overnight oats was a soupy disaster, I vowed that I would try again. This time, I based my recipe very loosely off of a recipe from Kath Eats Real Food.

This woman is the queen of oats. Seriously, an entire page of her blog is dedicated to oatmeal. I have a friend crush. Creepy? Maybe...

Anyway, these overnight oats were certainly more successful. They were creamy, chocolatey, and very very rich. That being said, I'm still not a huge fan of overnight oats. I simply prefer hot food in the morning.  But if sweet velvety oatmeal is your thing than this recipe is for you.

Please excuse the shoddy phone pictures. I managed to procure a temporary camera yesterday, and hopefully I will have a camera of my own in the next month or so (hint hint Santa).

First some oats. And cinnamon. I love me some cinnamon.



Hey look! Its pumpkin! Adding some Autumn flair to these oats.

And cocoa powder. Antioxidants? Yes, please.

After all of this magic has taken place add some agave nectar and almond milk and voilà:
You have Overnight Oats.


Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the picture I took of the final product, but they were pretty. I pinky swear.

Cocoa Pumpkin Overnight Oats:

1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbs. agave nectar (or to taste)


First, combine all the ingredients in a cereal-type bowl. Next, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment